Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Senior Program Director
Supervises: Program Assistant(s), Interns
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: SEEP, founded in 1985, is a global network of practitioner organizations dedicated to combating poverty through promoting inclusive markets and financial systems. Members are active in 170 countries and support nearly 100 million entrepreneurs and their families. Through a shared commitment to reduce global poverty, SEEP members work together and with other stakeholders to increase knowledge and foster innovation, creating opportunities for meaningful collaboration and, above all, for scaling impact.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Program Manager position is responsible for providing implementation support to collaborative learning initiatives amongst SEEP members and industry partners, contribute to knowledge mobilization strategies and the development of high quality learning outputs. The Program Manager will work under the supervision of the Senior Program Director.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS: The Program Manager will be successful if s/he: o Ensures consistently high quality in the implementation of SEEP learning programs as measured through the increased participation in and demand for SEEP services o Increases the impact of SEEP’s learning programs on our members and other key stakeholders
- Provide managerial oversight to selected SEEP learning initiatives (working groups and other collaborative learning programs).
- Under the supervision of the Sr. Program Director, manage the process of hiring learning program facilitators; prepare terms of reference and scopes of work.
- Support planning and production of learning products and job aids.
- Draft terms of reference and scopes of work for external technical experts.
- For designated initiatives, act as primary contact with learning program facilitators, and participating organizations.
- Research, write, and edit print and web content for designated initiatives.
- Organize member learning events including SEEP’s Annual Conference, SEEP Dialogues, and Meet the Practitioner events.
- Support the dissemination of learning outputs from designated initiatives, as per the work plan.
- Monitor budgets for designated projects.
- Monitor program partners’ progress on meeting performance indicators and completing activities.
- Update program files and databases on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with SEEP Network’s mission.
- Regarded both by superiors and peers as a strong manager with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Master’s Degree in International Affairs, Education, International Development, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or other related field of study.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Experience in the design and support of multi-stakeholder learning programs and knowledge management processes.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Experience in designing and developing learning outputs based on adult learning principles, highly desirable.
- Proven ability to reach out to a diverse constituency, preferably in a global context.
- Experience living and working in developing countries in economic development initiatives.
- Strong analytical, written, oral communication and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other language preferred.
- U.S. Citizenship, lawful permanent residency, or otherwise authorized to work in the U.S.
If interested, send a resume and cover letter to Kristen Brundage at email@example.com.