Would you like to get the word out about an event or training opportunity related to microenterprise development?
Step 1: Log in to Microlinks or click here to create an account if you are not yet a member.
Step 2: After you've logged in, click here for the submission form.
Note: You can also find the submission form by clicking on the "Events" menu tab, selecting Events Calendar and clicking on the blue "Submit an Event" button at the top of the page.
Step 3: Complete the form.
Don't be daunted by the form. The only fields you need to pay attention to are the following:
- Event name and Teaser title: These can be the same unless the event title is really long. Consider shortening the teaser by removing the subtitle.
- Date and Location: Be as specific as possible, but don't worry if you don't have all of the time or location details.
- Event delivery: This is where you indicate if this is an in-person event, an online event or some combination of the two (e.g. an event with a webinar component).
- Event host: Please include both the organization name and its main website URL. You can enter multiple hosts if necessary.
- Event page title and URL: Use this field to link to more information about the event on your website. Please test the URLs to guarantee functionality and scan the destination page for a "permalink" or URL path that is permanent. Not all sites have these, but they make it much more likely that the link will stand the test of time. Hover for tip
- A short teaser: This provides a mini-description of the event and should be different from the title. The teaser shows up in various advertising blocks throughout the site. The character limit is 200.
- Description: This is where you tell people what your event/training is about. If there is important information about registration deadlines or event fees, also include it here. Hover for tip
- File upload: If you would like to include event material like a flyer or brochure, you can upload a PDF here. Please include a file description like “Event flyer.”
- Promotional image: If you include a photo or image, don't forget to provide alternate text and a photo credit. Also, do all of your cropping/resizing before uploading.
Step 4: Save your submission.
Your submissions will be visible on the Microlinks website after being reviewed and published by a moderator. We then populate the monthly Microlinks Connections e-newsletter (that goes out to over 8,000 recipients) with a selection of submissions.