Are you interested in reporting a news story? Reprinting a press release? Announcing a new resource? Providing an After Action Report for an event or activity?
Step 1: Log in to Microlinks or click here to create an account if you are not yet a member.
Step 2: After you've logged in, click here for the submission form.
Note: You can also find the submission form by clicking on the "News" menu tab, selecting News & Opportunities and clicking the "Submit News" button on the top of the page.
Step 3: Complete the form.
Don't be daunted by the form. The only fields you need to pay attention to are the following:
- Authoring information: You have the option to enter a person's name, an organizational author and/or an institutional sponsor (e.g. United States Agency for International Development if USAID is the funder).
- A short teaser: This shows up in various advertising blocks throughout the site. The character limit is 200.
- Body: This is where you put your story content. Hover for Tip
- External links: If you'd like to link the news story to an external site, you can include the site or page title and the URL. Hover for Tip
- Image upload: If you include a photo or image, don't forget to provide alternate text and a photo credit. Also, do all of your cropping/resizing before uploading.
You can ignore these fields in the form:
- Did You Know: This is an optional field if you want to include an interesting fact, statistic or quote to get readers' interest.
- Language and everything below it until the Save button
Step 4: Save your submission.
Your submissions will be visible on the Microlinks website after being reviewed and published by a moderator. We then populate the monthly Microlinks Connections e-newsletter (that goes out to over 8,000 recipients) with a selection of submissions.